Question:
Do you need to learn Spanish to Live in Miami?
2006-03-30 12:23:28 UTC
Do you need to learn Spanish to Live in Miami?
Five answers:
Jenny L
2006-03-30 14:27:24 UTC
While there are alot of Spanish speaking people, you can do without learning Spanish. And if you do move here, you will pick it up anyways! Its nice if you know a few words, since you will be dealing with LOTS of Latin people. But in business and when you go out, English is understood.
Dave
2006-03-30 17:30:59 UTC
I agree that it depends on where you go. I am not Spanish but I do like Spanish food therefore I have learned enough Spanish to order my meal in a Spanish restaurant and picked up more Spanish along the way.
?
2006-03-30 12:25:25 UTC
No. It helps sometimes though. If you are on South Beach, Spanish is not required. There are places on Calle Ocho - Eight Street and the ghetto areas where spanish would be important. I dont speak spanish but I manage in those areas.

Just get yourself a hot latina girlfriend like I did.
2006-03-30 12:28:18 UTC
MIAMI IS ONE OF THE TOP SPANISH SPEAKING CITIES IN THE NATION BUT NOT REALLY IF YOU GO ON TO BROWARD THEY NOT MANY SPANISH PEOPLE OUTDARE . BUT IS BEST IF YOU DO IF YOU WANT TO COMUNICATE WITH HISPANICS. I THINK SPANISH IS NOT THE FAR FROM ENGLISH YOU HAVE WORDS LIKE QUE WHAT BATHROOM IS BANO CAR IS CARRO SOFA IS PRONOUNCE JUST A LITTLE BIT LIKE INGLES ENGLISH WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO LEARN IS CUBAN SPANISH. IS LIKE BLACK TALK
crush the turtle
2006-03-30 12:23:49 UTC
no, but it helps.