Question:
How much should you tip a bellboy at a nice hotel?
machfive_98
2006-02-24 08:36:14 UTC
How much should you tip a bellboy at a nice hotel?
Five answers:
Loungewearer
2006-02-24 08:46:01 UTC
A minimum of one dollar per bag, more for really heavy bags or any special attention you received.
tech_fanatic
2006-02-24 08:56:20 UTC
I would not tip any less than $2 to $3 per bag. Obviously, I would tip more for heavier bags and more if you have a lot of bags. If the bellboy is extra helfpul I would tip more, good service needs to rewarded now more than ever.

I never tip less than $15 to $20 to make their time worth it, no matter how much luggage I have. Then if I have a very helpful bellboy I will give more.

Hope this helps
Answer guy
2006-02-24 11:11:40 UTC
Depends on how nice and how many bags. Usually $2-$3 per bag. I usually like to round it up to $5 when I am alone, and to $10 at a 5* hotel with the wife.
reynoldskate7
2006-02-24 08:45:06 UTC
I'd say $10 if he is very courteous and helpful. If he's rude, I would tip only a few dollars. I think that people who are getting paid to do a job where tips can be expected, should be polite. Simply going through the motions shouldn't be rewarded with a large tip; however, especially nice service should definitely be rewarded. It is so hard to find exceptional service even in upscale establishments.
Sarah
2006-02-24 08:37:19 UTC
Depending on how much luggage you had $5-$7.