Question:
Is it a safe bet to go to Florida in May, or am I walking into disaster?
Ares36
2006-04-19 17:32:53 UTC
Visiting a friend in St. Pete-don't really know what the place is like, or where the city is in FL. Are there any good places to see or be seen? Will the place be wiped off the map by another round of BIG hurricanes?
Six answers:
flkeysgirl2001
2006-04-20 05:31:14 UTC
I wouldn't worry too much about hurricanes. The official season is June through November, however, I've lived in Florida forever, and we don't plan our lives around the remote possibility of the next hurricane. St. Pete is a beautiful area and I would go. It will be hot and humid, but that's normal. You should miss most of the rainy season too. Have a good time!

p.s.-curious about your screen name Ares, this means god of war, and it's also my dog's name, how did you decide on it?
Il Divo Fan
2006-04-20 00:41:16 UTC
Nah, you're safe... Hurricanes usually start at the end on july.

St Pete is pretty, there's a lot of places to go, malls and everything. If u haven't been to Disney is close by too, like 1 1/2 hour maybe. Just in case do a search in travelocity, there u can find attractions u might be interested

If u like mexican food, go to Chipotle or www.chipotle.com

They're food is amazing, plus it's natural, no chemicals to the meat or anything. This is in Tampa though
bossface
2006-04-21 07:22:25 UTC
st. pete is fine in may, but hot as hell.

i know the city well. for places to go, there's two main areas. downtown is on the bay (east) side, and the beach is on the gulf (west) side. there's a bar called mastry's downtown, like central and 1st or so, basically the old school hipster joint. janus landing is nearby as well, an outdoor music venue, pretty much a show every night. there's also baypointe, on north 2nd ave, were there's a couple clubs. and, north of downtown, a must for any visit, at like 38th ave north and 4th st, is el cap, quite possibly the best burgers in the world. on the gulf side, the best beach bar is called the undertow, north of the don cesar on gulf st. great beach setting, and every girl that works there is a knockout.
afterlife_9423
2006-04-20 02:47:03 UTC
go go go!!! hurricane season starts in september
sivracious
2006-04-20 00:37:25 UTC
why wouldnt it be safe they have the worlds best sea wall
nascarchick66
2006-04-22 14:50:51 UTC
Go have fun and enjoy your self.